Burglar's Apartment Broken into While he's in Jail Among Top August Crime Stories
A roundup of crime during the month of August also includes men thought to be impersonating cops who turned out to be law enforcement, the drive-by theft of a kid's ball and a construction worker fending off a driver with a stick.
Weird crime happens.
Patch's weekly OMG PD is evidence enough of just how strange things can get on a regular basis in the Milwaukee area, and — believe it or not — Port Washington and Saukville residents have made the cut before.
Here's a round up of the top five crime stories in the area for the month of August:
- What goes around: This burglar knows kharma all too well. He reported items stolen from his Port apartment while he was in jail for theft.
- Fake or real? A Port woman called local police after unidentified men said they were law enfocement investigating garage thefts. Though it wasn't believed at first — turns out they were, indeed, under cover.
- Talk about a bully: A Port Washington woman called the cops after someone reached out of a car while driving by her house and stole a kid's ball.
- Road closed: A construction worker used a stick to fend off a driver attempting to pass through a closed road.
- Just strange: Grafton police officers approached a Port man who was yelling a parking lot; the man decided to run from the officer and now faces charges.