Daily Recall Election Roundup: May 8
Here are the latest updates from the campaign trail in the upcoming recall elections.
Tuesday is primary election day in Wisconsin's recall races and Patch will provide regular updates here throughout the day.
Starting at about 6 p.m., Patch will provide live, continuous coverge on the primary until the race is called.
10:35 a.m.: Walker blasts Barrett on talk show
The votes haven't been counted yet in the gubernatorial primary election, but that didn't stop Gov. Scott Walker from going on the offensive against Democrat Tom Barrett Tuesday morning.
Speaking on the Charlie Sykes show on Newsradio 620 TMJ, Walker made a direct push against the candidate he expects to face in the general election on June 5.
"Simply look at the difference between the City of Milwaukee and the State of Wisconsin," Walker told Sykes. "We're moving forward. Do people really want to go backwards like we've seen in that city? I don't think so."
10:15 a.m.: Barrett feeling 'very optmistic' about election
After casting his ballot at the French Immersion School Tuesday morning, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett says he's "very, very optmistic" about his chances in the Democratic gubernatorial primary and the June election against Gov. Scott Walker, Today's TMJ4 is reporting.
"We feel very optimistic," said Barrett, after he voted just after 7 a.m.
"I understand the historic nature of this election. This is basically a referendum on Scott Walker."
9:25 a.m.: What candidates are doing today
Here's the schedule for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Tom Barrett today:
- 7:15 a.m. -- Voting at French Immersion School 2360 N. 52nd St., Milwaukee
- 10:30 a.m. -- Meet with voters in Madison Library Mall in Madison
- 8:01 p.m. -- Primary night event at the Hyatt Regency, 333 W. Kilbourn Ave.
Here's the schedule for Democrat Kathleen Falk:
- 10 a.m. -- Voting at Wil-Mar Center 935 Jenifer St. Madison
- 11:20 a.m. -- Meet and greeet at MATC Table, 3550 Anderson St., Madison
- 12:45 p.m. -- Library Mall and campus visit at the UW-Madison Library Mall Madison
- 4:30 p.m. -- Visit Capitol Square in Madison
- 4:45 p.m. -- Visit Willy Street Co-Op, 1221 Williamson St. Madison.