Flick Picks: Check Out These Movie Reviews Before Hitting the Theater
Patch movie reviewers offer a look at whether that movie is worth big-screen prices.
Thank goodness it's Friday — but what to do with your weekend?
Maybe a couple of hours in front of the big screen is on your to-do list, but how do you know which movie to go to?
Patch features a bevy of movie-reviewing bloggers who provide a thoughtful take on a variety of first-run movies. Check out their takes before you spend your hard-earned money.
- Critics opinion: Reviewer Stephen Milek said he was surprised at the number of sad moments were in the movie, which offered only a few scattered laughs.
- Showtimes: This movie plays at 1:20, 4:20, 6:55 and 9:45 p.m. Marcus Theatre in Saukville.
- Critics opinion: Despite the fact that it's a movie based on a children's book, reviewer Stephen Milek said it's one every one can enjoy. The film was also nominated for 11 Oscars.
- Showtimes: This movie plays every night at 7:00 p.m., as well as a 3:30 matinee show on Saturday and Sunday through March 1 at the Rivoli Theatre in Cedarburg. Ticket prices are $3.50.
- Critics opinion: Reviewer Andrea Thompson said this movie doesn't live up to its potential.
- Showtimes: This movie plays at 1:00, 3:55, 6:45 and 9:10 p.m. Marcus Theatre in Saukville.
- Critics opinion: Despite the spectacular list of actors, reviewer Andrea Thompson said this movie came off relatively bland, giving it a C- rating.
- Showtimes: This movie plays at 2:05, 4:40, 7:20 and 9:55 p.m. at the Marcus Theatre in Saukville.
Woman in Black
- Critics opinion: Though reviewer Andrea Thompson said this show was freaky, it lacks in its plot line and comes up with a rating of C+.
- Showtimes: The show is at 1:30, 4:15, 7:05 and 7:25 at the Marcus Theatre in Saukville.
- Critics opinion: Reviewer Andrea Thompson gave this movie D- rating, and here's why.
- Showtimes: If you still want to see for yourself, this movie plays at 2:35, 4:55, 7:15 and 9:35 p.m. at the Marcus Theatre in Saukville.