Food for Fines: Library Turns Late Fees into Food for Families
No need to fret about your library fine -- Oscar Grady Library is offering fine amnesty for food donations.
Your library fine can help a family in need this month.
The library's Food For Fines Program will run through December 7.
Patrons are encouraged to bring in non-perishable food items and receive up to $5 off their Saukville library fines (per library card).
Here's a list of items the food pantry always needs --
- Protein items like peanut butter and jelly/jam, canned beef stew, canned tuna, and baked beans;
- Condiments including ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, salad dressing (Itailian or Ranch);
- Healthy crackers;
- Beverages: juice, coffee, hot chocolate
- Canned fruits, vegetables and sweet potatoes
- Breakfast items: cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix and syrup
- Kitchen staples like sugar, flour, cooking oil and white vinegar
- Baby supplies like diapers and formula
- Personal grooming items: shampoo, shaving cream and razors, toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, toilet tissue, dish soap