Port Hole Now Open in Former 'Spot'
Slinger woman launches the business as well as another bar in Sheboygan, citing a long relationship with the bar and restaurant industry.
It was almost in her blood to launch the recently opened Port Hole, as Amie Lee said she practically grew up in the bar and restaurant industry.
Her grandparents purchased a bar/restaurant when she was 4 years old, and her parents owned a restuarant in Michigan's Upper Peninsula — where Lee grew up.
She moved to the area after being married — though she's since divorced. Living in Slinger now, Lee said she had always been drawn to Port Washington — which was why she chose this city to open her first bar.
"I always wanted to live in Port Washington — I love it," she said, citing the lakefront and summer tourism. The name "Port Hole" is meant to stick with a nautical theme for the establishment; the bar is located at 201 W. Grand Ave., formerly The Spot.
Port Hole is operating seven days a week, and Lee said she is also in the process of opening "The Pump House," at the former Poseidon's bar location in Sheboygan.
While launching two businesses at the same time has been a lot of work, Lee said she was up to the challenge.
"I kind of figured, just jump in," she said. "If I'm going to do it, just go big."
Lee also did an extensive remodeling and updating of the building, which including removing paneling throughout the bar to restore views of the historic brick walls.
The Port Hole is open Monday through Thursday at 10 a.m. until bar close. On Fridays, the bar opens at 7 a.m. for "Third Shift Fridays," staying open until bar close. Saturdays, the bar opens at 10 and Sundays at 11.
Among specials at the bar are:
- Monster Mondays: Any drink with Monster in it is on special.
- Industry Night: On Tuesdays, $5 pitchers of beer of $2.50 rail drinks for people in the bar/restaurant industry.
- Dice Night: On Wednesdays, shake the dice and get 1/2 off with evens, or a free drink with a pair; an odd shake means you pay full price.
- Barcadi Night: On Thursdays, enjoy $3.50 Barcardi drinks.
- Ladies Night is Saturdays.
- Game Day Specials are available on Sundays.
- 25-cent pool on Monday through Friday from 4 to 8 p.m.
Lee said she will also be serving Old Fashions just the way she remembers her grandfather doing it: with muddled fruit and foaming sugar; a rail old fashion will only cost $3.50.