Editor's note: The following information was taken from a press release provided by the BloodCenter of Wisconsin.
BloodCenter of Wisconsin is making it easy for Ozaukee and Washington County residents to give back to their community through upcoming blood drives open to all residents. The drives are scheduled for:
- Cedarburg. 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church, W61 N498 Washington Ave. To make an appointment visit www.bcw.edu/CedarburgComm1206
- Saukville. 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10 at Saukville American Legion Hall, 601 Dekora St. (Highway 33). To make an appointment visit www.bcw.edu.
- Grafton. 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17 at Grace Lutheran Church, 715 6th Ave. To make an appointment visit www.bcw.edu/GraceGrafton1217.
- Richfield. 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 18 at Northbrook Church, 4014 HWY 167W. To make an appointment visit www.bcw.edu.
- Thiensville. 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20 at Thiensville Police & Fire Dept., 250 Elm St. To make an appointment visit www.bcw.edu.
- Jackson. 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday, Dec. 28 at the Jackson Community Center, N165 W20330 Hickory Ln. To make an appointment visit www.bcw.edu.
John Kuhn, Green Bay fullback, is asking people to donate on behalf of patients in local hospitals, including Aurora Lakeland Medical Center. Kuhn has become an advocate for blood donation since his father needed life-saving blood transfusions following an accident. All attempting donors at these drives will be automatically entered into a daily drawing to win a football or related item autographed by Green Bay fullback John Kuhn.
Donors can also schedule an appointment by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or (414) 937-6199. Appointments are preferred to ensure a quick and convenient donation, but walk-ins are also welcome.
Anyone 17 or older who is in general good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate. The entire process takes about an hour. Donors should bring a photo ID that includes birth date. For more information, call 1-877-BE-A-HERO or visit www.bcw.edu.