Your library fine can help a family in need this month.
The Oscar Grady Library will waive your late fees if you donate items for the Ozaukee County Food Pantry.
The library's Food For Fines Program will run through December 7.
Patrons are encouraged to bring in non-perishable food items and receive up to $5 off their Saukville library fines (per library card).
Here's a list of items the food pantry always needs --
- Protein items like peanut butter and jelly/jam, canned beef stew, canned tuna, and baked beans;
- Condiments including ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, salad dressing (Itailian or Ranch);
- Healthy crackers;
- Beverages: juice, coffee, hot chocolate
- Canned fruits, vegetables and sweet potatoes
- Breakfast items: cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix and syrup
- Kitchen staples like sugar, flour, cooking oil and white vinegar
- Baby supplies like diapers and formula
- Personal grooming items: shampoo, shaving cream and razors, toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, toilet tissue, dish soap