The Ozaukee Wisconsin Humane Society is one of only 50 shelters in the country chosen to compete in the 2013 ASPCA Rachael Ray $100K Challenge.
Shelters across the country will compete to break their own records at saving animals' lives. Throughout the months of June, July and August each shelter must save more dogs, cats, puppies and kittens than they did during the same three months in 2012.
Every participating shelter who finishes the program will receive $1,000. Shelters can win anywhere from $5,000 to $100,000 in grant money from the ASPCA.
The Ozaukee Wisconsin Humane Society is asking people to help them win by doing the following things:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Send everyone you know to our page of adoptables and our YouTube channel
- Come to our events and bring your friends
- Foster an animal to get him or her ready for adoption
- Sponsor an animal
- Spread the word that we’re trying to save hundreds more lives. Ask your friends, family and colleagues to come adopt a dog or cat (or both)!
- Grand Prize: $100,000 Grant
- Community Engagement Award: $25,000
- Best In Division: $25,000 Grants
- Second Place In Division: $15,000 Grants
- Most Improved Player: $10,000 Grants
- Save 300 More Lives: $5,000 Grant
- Every shelter that increases lives saved by at least 300 will win $5,000.
- Month One Fast Start Prizes: $5,000 Grants
- Month Two Seventh Inning Stretch Prizes: $5,000 Grants
- We Did It Grants: $1,000 Grants