While Thanksgiving may mean crashing on Grandma's couch after a plate full of turkey, stuffing and you name it — that's not how everyone spends the holiday.
If you're looking for somewhere to dine out or need to pick up last-minute supplies in the area, have no fear: these local places are open for business during the holiday.
- Java Dock Cafe will be open from 7 until 11 a.m.
- Sentry Foods Stores will be open 6 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Pick 'n Save will be open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Piggly Wiggly Supermarket will be open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tellos Grill & Cafe will be open from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m., and is taking reservations.
- Harry's Restaurant is open from 5:30 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Port Hotel Restaurant and Inn is open for a Thanksgiving Day buffet from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Nisleit's Country Inn opens up to offer free meals to the less fortunate as a donation to the community; those in need can call 262-284-9006 for more information.
Do you know of another local business that's open for the holiday, but not on this list? Add it in the comments.