The holidays are over and the new year is here — before you know it, the grass will reappear and construction signs and crews will be hitting the streets once more.
While Port Washington residents are free of dealing with Highway 33 construction closures and other traffic changes, there are a few roads planned for some uprades in 2013.
The Board of Public Works on Tuesday approved the resurfacing of following streets in 2013:
- Parkway Drive, from East Norport Drive to the dead end;
- Parkway Drive, from Jacque Lane to Parknoll Lane;
- Parknoll Lane, from Seven Hills Road to Jacque Lane;
- Parknoll Court;
- Terrace Drive, south of Woodview Circle;
- Westport Drive, from Cedar Drive to West Portview Drive and south of Second Avenue;
- Cedar Drive, the entire length;
- Cedar Court;
- Sumac Court;
- Oak Court;
- Elm Court;
- and Willow Court.
"These streets have curb and gutter that are in relatively good condition and should have adequate base course for resurfacing," City Engineer Rob Vanden Noven said; the cost of all streets mentioned will be $600,000 to $700,000.