As 2012 winds to a close with the busy holiday season, we want to take a look back at the top 5 things, we as a local businesses group, are thankful for:
1. A supportive community: Port Washington has been our home for, in some cases, over 20 years. We're thankful to have a community that wants to patronize their local businesses and has been so supportive of everything we've done as a group.
2. Our customers: Our customers are everything to us. They're the reason we're still around. The support of our customers and the community is what keeps us going year after year. We've had so many compliments about our group and we're so glad that people are excited about supporting us.
3. Each other: This group is absolutely fantastic. Every one of us does everything we can to benefit our customers. We all have passion and drive and are hands on type people. We're so fortunate to have such a great group of people to work with who believe in our community and want to see it continue to grow.
4. Being open: So many shops have had to close their doors in the last few years and we're so thankful that we've been able to keep our doors open. We know times are tough right now and we really appreciate when a customer chooses to spend their hard-earned money at our stores.
5. Location: Picturesque Port Washington has been good to so many of us, especially Newport Shores, with dining room views of the lake. Port Washington is a small community, but the proximity between Green Bay and Milwaukee brings a diverse group of people into our area. These combined with our locals provide a rich customer group who we are so thankful for.
These are just some of the things we're thankful for this year. We want to express how you, our readers and customers, are so important to us. We want to thank you for your patronage and look forward to another year of Shop Port, Think Local.