A lot goes on in a month, even in the Port Washington and Saukville area.
Some of it's good news, some of it's bad news, some of it's, well ... weird. What really matters is it all happened here in the last 30 days — so let's get you up to speed with the top 10 most-read Patch articles of July.
- Anti-Obama stand: Did you see the anti-Barack Obama stand that set up shop handing out materials in Port? Well, a Fredonia man did, and he was subsequently .
- Fatal crash: Tragedy struck earlier in the month when 19-year-old Sara Pujanauski of the town of Saukville died in a one-vehicle crash.
- House fire: A Port Washington ; luckily, no one was hurt after Port Washington .
- Business: , and this Port Washington man was going to stand by and say nothing.
- Hit-and-run: A 20-year-old Saukville man struck a 22-year-old Port man while driving through downtown Port Washington. The , but police witnessed the accident and caught up with him; he was charged with hit-and-run causing injury. Turns out, .
- Construction delays: Highway 33 closed down for one day, and
- Fish Day incidents: While Fish Day brings food and fun to the city, it also brings plenty of people — and the police department stayed busy. Check out this long list of the .
- RYO business: A recently opened roll-your-own cigarette store in Port Washington is hoping a new practice will get overturned.
- Underage party: A group of youth got together for a hotel party — but their loud voices got them caught, and ... among other things.
- Roundabouts: Highway 33 construction is slowly coming to an end. Yes, it will finish some day. In the meantime, check out this .