The streets of downtown Port Washington will become a flurry of pink once again in February as women flock to the area for the 4th annual Kiss of Indulgence Ladies Night Out.
The event is set for 4 to 8 p.m. Feb. 12, and pre-registration is underway.
"Come downtown as the businesses open their doors on this mid-winter's eve, providing samples, coupons, giveaways, drawings, and more," the event posting on VisitPortWashington.com said. "The ladies love this chance for some fun in the middle of winter, and the businesses love to have this much exposure, and a chance to make some new customers."
- Opinion: My Second 'Kiss' Went a Little Like This
The cost is $6 for women who pre-register, guaranteeing a tote bag, scarf, and other items, according to VisitPortWashington.com. Pre-registration is open to the first 800 ladies and runs through Feb. 1; women who don't get a chance to pre-register can still attend for the price of $8 — though that does not guarantee a scarf or tote.
Sara Grover, executive director for Port Washington Main Street who helps coordinate the event, said the event is earlier this year — so interested ladies should make sure to get signed up for the exciting event.
"Don't lose sight of the calendar, it's going to flip to February before we know it — and be too late," she said.
Grover said a few things will be different this year.
- Packet pick-up will be at the Port Washington Fire Department, while women who still need to register should stop by Blue Heron Artisan's Gallery.
- Pink fire trucks will be on display as part of the event.
- The annual Fashion Show, which takes place at 8 p.m., will feature more men than women this year with Duluth Trading participating.
- Several other businesses have joined the event's lineup, such as Harris Bank.