Ozaukee County is ranked the healthiest in the state through the fourth annual County Health Rankings, published by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
This is the third year Ozaukee has ranked the highest of the studies four years. Ozaukee's neighbor, Washington County, ranked No. 10, while Milwaukee County was ranked second-to-last healthy at 71 of 72 total counties.
The study ranked each county by data in the following areas:
- Morbidity: Ozaukee ranks No. 9
- Mortality: Ozaukee ranks No. 2
- Health Behaviors: Ozaukee ranks No. 1
- Clinical Care: Ozaukee ranks No. 1
- Social and Economic Factors: Ozaukee ranks No. 1
- Physical Environment: Ozaukee ranks No. 32
Ozaukee County reports lower percentages in smokers, excessive drinkers, obesity and physical inactivity than reported elsewhere in the state, helping it gain its lead in the Health Behaviors category.
There are also much fewer percentages of people who are uninsured in Ozaukee County — 6 percent versus 11 percent statewide.
What do you do to stay healthy?
Tell us in the comments.